Metallurgist - Extractive Metallurgy
Alkmaar, Noord-Holland, NederlandCO2 CLEANUP R&D
SCW develops a unique and sustainable process that we call “CO2 CLEANUP”. This is a “negative emission process” in which CO2 is removed from the atmosphere and permanently stored and converted into high quality solids. This chemical process uses natural minerals and residual materials from the steel and concrete industry. It is a clean process without emissions or waste. The end products serve large global markets. These are materials that replace products whose traditional production results in fossil CO2 emissions.
What we offer
- Challenging and inspiring work environment in which innovation and sustainability are central.
- A role in which you can contribute to developments that can make a real impact on the climate and the environment.
- Long term career development.
- A positive culture in which drive, impact, solution-oriented and 'together' are leading values.
- Very pleasant working atmosphere.
For the research & engineering team we are currently looking for an experienced researcher/engineer who will develop extracting metals from their ores and refining them. The position is part of a multidisciplinary research & engineering team in which you have a large degree of freedom, responsibility, and flexibility.
Are you willing to make an impact with us?
What are you going to do?
- Perform process engineering tasks on hydrometallurgical aspects of projects.
- You design, analyse and optimize production processes. Because we are a relatively small team, the work will vary from concept design to detailed design. You will also interface with our laboratory to design experiments if needed to support design decisions.
- You document the process design. Think of documents such as a P&ID, heat & mass balance or a functional design.
- Design and document the process control logic based on functional requirements and safety standards.
- You specify process equipment and support the purchasing department.
What we are looking for in a
- You have completed a master's degree in either Process Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering.
- You have knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years) in either designing, commissioning and/or operating hydrometallurgical processing equipment.
- Experience with battery chemicals, waste metal recycling or critical mineral extraction is an advantage.
- Knowledge of setting up metallurgical test/laboratory programs and on-site commissioning testing.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary international team and you can easily communicate with various disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, R&D) within the organization.
- You master the Dutch and/or English language.